Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Ina Garten (Barefoot Contessa). This is a great dip for a party and is wonderful served with potato chips or crackers.
- 8 ounces cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons freshly minced dill
- 1 scallion, minced (green and white parts)
- 1 tablespoon milk or 1 tablespoon cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 3 1⁄4 ounces salmon roe, about
- Cream the cream cheese until smooth in an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, With the mixer on medium speed, add the sour cream, lemon juice, dill scallion, milk, salt and roe, With a rubber spatula, fold in three quarters of the salmon roe, Garnish with remaining roe and sprigs of fresh dill,.
Very good. The fresh dill makes a huge difference. Great way t use up less than sterling caviar.
OMG, had this at my Aunt's and it was incredible! Such a great combo of elegant, but yummy and you can stretch the caviar to make enough so it isn't too $$$. I'm making it for a dinner party this weekend with Tim's potato chips...divine! Thanks for posting!
I enjoyed this, as did my kids, until the 7 year old found out what caviar is. :/ I wasn't able to find the salmon roe so I used whitfish caviar...it was good but ugly...the black caviar made the spread a really ugly color...I'm sure pink would have been nicer and next time I will hunt down the salmon roe for this. All in all very nice and I'll make it again...easy to put together too...I didn't use a mixer...just bought whipped cream cheese and softened a little in the microwave and then just mixed with a spoon...thanks for posting.