Recipe by heather rusert
Very easy app. Of course good caviar will make it better as will good creme fraiche. Inspired by other caviar and toast recipes on this cite, I added chopped chives to garnish, and used salmon caviar as well as the black.
- 10 slices firm white bread
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 100 g black caviar (preferably osetra)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Brush bread with melted butter and cut out 40 moons using a moon/crescent shaped cookie cutter.
- Arrange, buttered sides up, on a large baking sheet and bake in middle of oven until pale golden, about 10 minutes.
- Cool completely.
- Serve toasts topped with sour cream and caviar.
- Cooks’ note:.
- • Toasts may be made 1 day ahead and kept in an airtight container at room temperature.