Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a super way to serve lumpfish caviar. I wouldn't do this with Russian Buluga it would be wasted .
- 1 large avocado, peeled and mashed (or 2 small)
- 3 tablespoons red onions, chopped finely
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, chopped finely
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) jar lumpfish caviar
- Press the mashed avocado into the botton of a 8" or 9" pyrex pie plate.
- Sprinkle the chopped onion over the avocado.
- Combine the egg and Mayo.
- Place gently over the onion.
- Spoon the Caviar very gently on top.
- Chill& serve with crisp sesame seed crackers or or small pumpernickel rounds.
I read this as I was munching on my snack of sturgeon caviar with creme fraiche, red onion and egg and had to run into the kitchen and grab some avocado. It adds a wonderful creaminess and a nice complement to the caviar. It is a nice change from creme fraiche. I love caviar, and it doesn't matter to me lumpfish or beluga--it's all yummy
As Austin Powers would say, "Yeah, Baby!!"