Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is a great easy recipe to make. I chose chicken because it is just less greasy then beef and why not switch it up from the norm.
- 6 boneless chicken thighs, cut into small pieces
- 1 onion, chopped small
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 4 pieces garlic, cut small
- 28 ounces crushed tomatoes (I prefer a flavored sauce)
- 4 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 (15 ounce) can pink kidney beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans
- 3 stalks celery, cut small
- 1. In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine the onion, celery and chicken and saute for 15 minutes, or until meat is browned and onion is tender. Drain grease, if desired.
- 2. Add the ground black pepper, garlic salt, tomato sauce, chili seasoning and kidney beans in a large pot along with the onions, chicken and celery. Mix well, reduce heat to low cover and simmer for at least an 45 minute For thicker chili take off the cover for the last ten minutes.
- 3. ENJOY!