Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Last year I went to New Zealand, we went to a place called Waitomo Caves to see the famous glow worms - we went with a company called "Black Water Rafting" - it was such an amazing experience! Afterwards for morning tea they gave us these delicious bars, these are so good they have pre-typed copies of the recipes due to all the requests! They are very similar to Anzac Cookies.
- 250 g butter, melted
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2 cups desiccated coconut
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup
- Mix melted butter into the dry ingredients.
- Line& grease a 20 x 30cm slice tin.
- Press mixture in, firmly& evenly.
- Bake for approx 25 minutes at 170c or until golden brown.
Thank you! I was in New Zealand this past summer and did the Black Abyss tour with some friends and have been trying to find the cave cookies recipe since I've been back. Can't wait to make them for my family :)