- 1 lb Italian sausage
- 1 lb ground beef (she uses ground round)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 (26 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 3 cups spiral shaped pasta, cooked and drained (or elbow or small shell macaroni)
- 2 lbs shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 (3 ounce) packagesliced pepperoni, halved
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, add Italian sausage, ground beef, onion, and garlic; stir/saute until meat is browned and vegetables are tender; stir to crumble meat; drain off fat; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- In an ungreased 13x9 inch casserole dish, layer half the spaghetti sauce, meat, pasta, cheese, and pepperoni; repeat layers.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 45 minutes.