Recipe by mermaidmagic
A Mario Batali recipe. He stresses the importance of not buying crabmeat that has been pasteurized. He claims it loses most of it's great brininess which is essential to the success of this dish.
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon serrano chili, finely sliced
- 2 cups trebbiano wine or 2 cups other dry white wine
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 lb fresh lump crabmeat, cooked,picked over (not pasteurized)
- 1 lb fresh or dried cavatelli
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring 6 quarts of water to a boil.
- Add about 2 TB salt.
- In a 12 to 14 inch saute pan, heat the olive oil.
- Add the garlic.
- Saute over medium heat until lightly browned, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the chile, wine and butter.
- Bring to a boil.
- Stir in the crab meat and immediately remove from the heat.
- Cook the pasta until tender, yet al dente, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Drain well and add to the crab mixture.
- Return to the heat and cook briefly until most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Pour into a warm serving bowl and enjoy.