Recipe by cricket1176
WW Recipe-Cut the Fat Cookbook 1996. Accented with garlic and fresh basil, this quick pasta dish is delicious. I have not tried this yet, but it sure sounds like a meal that the whole family will enjoy. Preparation time is approximate since I have not made this dish yet.
Top Review by threeovens
This turned out very well. Make sure to use only fresh basil and garlic for the best results. Also, be sure to have all the ingredients at hand since it cooks fast (I burnt the garlic the first time). This also tasted good at room temperature so would be suitable at a buffet. Made for PAC Spring 2010.
- 6 ounces cavatelli (spirals) or 6 ounces rotelle pasta (spirals)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 medium garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 ounce parmesan cheese, grated
- freshly cracked black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In large pot of boiling water, cook pasta 7-9 minutes, until tender. Drain reserving 1/4 cup pasta water, and place in large serving bowl; keep warm.
- Place large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat 30 seconds; add oil and heat 30 seconds more. Add garlic and cook, stirring frequently, 30 seconds, until fragrant. Add broccoli; cook 3-4 minutes, until tender-crisp.
- Add broccoli mixture, basil and salt to pasta; toss, adding just enough of the reserved pasta water to moisten. Top evenly with cheese and pepper.