Recipe by spatchcock
From Fine Cooking. Recipe originally by Lidia Bastianich, the matriarch of fine Italian home cooking.
- 73.94 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 177.44 ml chopped imported black olives (such as Gaeta or kalamata)
- 14.79 ml fresh lemon juice, more to taste
- 3 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 22.18 ml fresh thyme
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1.23 ml cayenne, more to taste
- 453.59 g cavatelli
- 1 bunch arugula, rinsed, dried well, and coarsely chopped (about 8 oz.)
- 236.59 ml grated ricotta cheese (about 7 oz.) or 236.59 ml feta (about 7 oz.)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, olives, lemon juice, garlic, thyme, black pepper, and cayenne and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of well-salted water to a boil and cook the cavatelli until al dente.
- Drain it well and return it to the pan.
- Add the arugula and the olive-oil mixture, folding gently until the ingredients are combined.
- Let sit until the arugula has wilted, about 3 minute.
- Sprinkle with the ricotta salata just before serving.