Recipe by Kumquat the Cat's friend
Oustanding combination of vegetables, herbs and cheese; they complement each other perfectly. Would make a great vegetarian summer (or anytime) one-dish meal. I found this recipe on-line when searching for artichoke recipes (hey, you can never have too many good ones). Then I tweaked a little to improve it.
- 453.59 g cavatelli (or any medium shell)
- 29.58 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 59.14 ml balsamic vinegar
- 946.38 ml cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 (850.48 g) can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered or 4 (680.38 g) can marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 4-6 green onions, sliced (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 118.29 ml fresh basil, chopped
- 9.85 ml salt, to taste
- 2.46 ml pepper, to taste
- 226.79 g goat cheese, crumbled (such as Montrachet)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling water until al dente (or according to package directions). Drain in a colander and rinse under cold water.
- Whisk together oil and vinegar in a small bowl. Pour over pasta and toss to coat.
- Add tomatoes, artichokes, olives, green onions, garlic and basil. Toss to coat. Season generously with salt and pepper (or to taste).
- Add goat cheese and mix gently until melted. Serve immediately or at room temperature.