Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
(Submitted by: Karen Marnell from AllRecipes)
- 6 ounces cavatelli or 6 ounces rotelle pasta (spirals)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 ounce parmesan cheese, grated
- freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups freshly sliced mushrooms or 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Place broccoli in a microwave safe dish with about 3 tablespoons of water.
- Microwave for 3 minutes, or until tender.
- Melt butter in a medium skillet over medium heat.
- Saute garlic and mushrooms until garlic becomes aromatic.
- Combine with pasta, broccoli and Parmesan cheese; transfer to a 2 quart baking dish.
- Cover and bake in preheated oven for about 20 minutes, or until heated throughout.