Cavatappi With Vodka Sauce
- Cook pasta by following package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add in onion and garlic; cover and cook 3 minutes or until tender.
- Add in tomato sauce; simmer, partially covered, 8 minutes or until thick.
- Combine flour and water, stirring with a whisk until smooth; add flour mixture to pan; cook 1 minute.
- Add in half-and-half, milk, vodka, salt, and pepper; bring to a boil.
- Stir in cheese; decrease heat to low; cook 3 minutes or until cheese melts, stirring frequently.
- Add in pasta; toss to coat; sprinkle with basil.