Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This simple pasta toss relies on a few well-chosen, high-quality ingredients. Ensure success with Italian imports: extra-virgin olive oil; buttery imported prosciutto from Parm; and nutty, complex Parmigiano-Reggiano, also from Parma.
- 1⁄2 lb uncooked cavatappi pasta
- cooking spray
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 ounce very thin slices prosciutto, cut into thin strips
- 1⁄4 cup shaved fresh parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- Cook pasta according to the package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain in colander over a bowl, reserving 3 tablespoons cooking liquid.
- Heat pan over medium heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add garlic to pan, and saute 1 minute. Remove from heat. Add reserved 3 tablespoons cooking liquid and pasta to pan; let stand 2 minutes. Stir in parsley, oil, salt, pepper, and prosciutto; sprinkle with cheese. Serve immediately.