Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This was on the back of the bag of Private Selection (Kroger) Cavatappi pasta I bought to use in another recipe.
- 16 ounces cavatappi pasta
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 cups onions, julienned
- 2 1⁄2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 12 ounces capicolla ham, julienned
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 2 1⁄2 cups pea pods, julienned
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Cook pasta according to directions.
- Meanwhile, in large pot, heat cream and add garlic, onions, and mushrooms, Cook for three minutes while constantly stirring.
- Mix in butter, capicolla ham and basil.
- Continue to stir until butter melts.
- Mix in hot pasta and season with salt and pepper.
- Add pea pods to pasta and sauce. Mix well.
- To finish, pour in Parmesan cheese and mix well.
- When sauce has reached a medium-thin consistency, service immediately.