Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cooking Light. Oct 2005
Make and share this Cavatappi Pasta Salad With Walnut-Sage Pesto recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄2 cups cubed peeled butternut squash (1/2-inch cubes)
- cooking spray
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1⁄2 cup fresh flat leaf parsley
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons fresh sage leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1⁄3 cup reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 3 cups cooked cavatappi (about 6 ounces uncooked)
- 4 cups torn arugula
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced shallot
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Arrange squash in a single layer on a jelly-roll pan coated with cooking spray.
- Lightly coat squash with cooking spray; sprinkle evenly with 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Bake at 450° for 20 minutes or until squash is tender, stirring after 10 minutes. Cool squash slightly.
- Combine 1/4 teaspoon salt, parsley, and next 5 ingredients (through garlic) in a food processor; process until finely chopped, scraping sides.
- With processor on, slowly pour broth through food chute, processing until well blended.
- Combine the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, squash, pasta, and pesto in a large bowl, and toss well to coat. Add arugula, shallots, and pepper; toss to combine. Serve immediately.