Cooking Light. Oct 2005
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 cups cubed peeled butternut squash (1/2-inch cubes)
- cooking spray
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 cup fresh flat leaf parsley
- 2 1/2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons fresh sage leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 3 cups cooked cavatappi (about 6 ounces uncooked)
- 4 cups torn arugula
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced shallot
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1Preheat oven to 450°.
- 2Arrange squash in a single layer on a jelly-roll pan coated with cooking spray.
- 3Lightly coat squash with cooking spray; sprinkle evenly with 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- 4Bake at 450° for 20 minutes or until squash is tender, stirring after 10 minutes. Cool squash slightly.
- 5Combine 1/4 teaspoon salt, parsley, and next 5 ingredients (through garlic) in a food processor; process until finely chopped, scraping sides.
- 6With processor on, slowly pour broth through food chute, processing until well blended.
- 7Combine the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, squash, pasta, and pesto in a large bowl, and toss well to coat. Add arugula, shallots, and pepper; toss to combine. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cavatappi Pasta Salad With Walnut-Sage Pesto
Serving Size: 1 (246 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 305.6
- Calories from Fat 98
- Total Fat 10.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 451.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 8.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh sage leaves
reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth