- 8 ounces cavatappi pasta (corkscrew tube pasta)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups vidalia onions, sliced thinly
- 4 ounces soft fresh goat cheese
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1 -2 teaspoon fresh sage, chopped (or 1/2 tsp. dried)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons toasted walnuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions(10-11 minutes). Drain.
- Heat oil in saucepan. Add onions and cook slowly until golden and caramelized, about 20-25 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- To toast walnuts, place in a separate preheated skillet(preferably non-stick) and saute for a few minutes.
- Combine goat cheese and milk in a small bowl and mix until well blended. Set aside.
- Add garlic to onion in skillet, cook until softened, about 3 minutes. Add wine, sage, salt and black pepper. Cook until liquid has evaporated.
- Remove from heat; add pasta and goat cheese mixture, stirring to melt cheese. Sprinkle with walnuts. Enjoy!
- Refrigerate any leftovers.