Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe came from my pastor.
- 3 lbs butter
- 50 lbs shrimp, 60-70 count peeled
- 24 large onions
- 6 bunches parsley
- 16 ounces minced garlic
- 16 green onions
- 160 ounces tomato sauce
- 416 ounces cream of mushroom soup (16 26-ounce cans)
- 6 teaspoons app. lawery's garlic salt (adjust to taste)
- 1 teaspoon app. cayenne pepper (adjust to taste)
- Note: It is real easy to over salty this recipe. It’s better to add garlic salt one teaspoon at a time and taste throughout. The shrimp usually makes it salty by themselves so use caution.
- Melt butter.
- Sauté onions, parsley, and garlic in butter. Cook until onions become transparent and non-crunchy.
- Add shrimp. Cook approx 10-15 minutes. Stir regularly on medium heat.
- Add garlic salt and cayenne.
- Add green onions.
- Cook approx 20-30 minutes. Shrimp will begin to change from raw appearance to a more cooked appearance. Will firm and curl up tighter.
- Add tomato sauce and cream of mushroom. When all ingredients come to a boil, lower to a simmer and stir occasionally making sure it doesn’t stick. Simmer for app. 1 hour or until gravy thickens.
- Serve over rice with potato salad. Yum, yum!
- Makes app. 10-12 gallons.
- Note: Can add water if you like to get desired consistency. May need to add garlic salt and cayenne.