Recipe by canarygirl
This is not for the faint of heart! It is very spicy, so if you don't like it extremely hot, I wouldn't recommend you try this!
Top Review by canarygirl
Actually, there are no tomatoes listed on purpose! My hubby won't eat tomatoes, but loves the flavors of the herbs, and heat of the peppers, so that is why there are none listed in the ingredients! :)
- 2 jalapenos
- 3 habaneros
- 1 small onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano, to taste
- 1 pinch thyme, to taste
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Put peppers, onion, garlic, cilantro and cumin in a food processor, and process until finely minced, but not a paste.
- Or, if you're mincing the peppers by hand-be SURE to wear rubber gloves, as the oil from the peppers is very irritating to skin and eyes.
- Add seasonings, vinegar, olive oil and water and mix well.
- Store in a glass container with a tight fitting lid (I use the larger size of baby food jars).
- Stores well in the refrigerator for a couple of days.
- Serve on chips, eggs, grilled chicken, in burritos, on tacos, mixed into rice or beans, anything you can think of!