Recipe by NELady
From Everyday with Rachael Ray Mag, March 2009.
Top Review by Queen Dana
This recipe did not work out for me. I used a parmesan and gruyere mixture and added a clove of garlic but other than that I didn't change the recipe. I thought I had cut the potatoes thin enough but the potatoes were a little under cooked and the whole things was kinda of watery. Made for ZWT5.
- cooking spray
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 onion, half chopped and half thinly sliced
- 1 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons flour
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 2 lbs yellow-fleshed potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 1⁄4 lbs zucchini, sliced lengthwise
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Using a blender, puree the cauliflower, chopped onion, milk, 1/2 c parmesan and the flour; season with salt and pepper. In a small bowl, combine 2 tablespoons parmesan with the breadcrumbs.
- Spread 1/2 c cauliflower puree in the prepared baking dish. Top with half of the potatoes, then with half of the zucchini. Sprinkle with the half each of the sliced onions and remaning parmesan. Spread half of the remaining cauliflower puree on top. Layer the remaining potatoes, zucchini, sliced onions, parmesan and cauliflower puree. Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes, then discard the foil. Sprinkle with the breadcrumb mixture on top and bake until golden-brown, about 30 minutes.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.