Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Tender cauliflowerets, cloaked in a mint-and-mustard flavored yogurt sauce and presented on a bed of lettuce. Served cold. Taken from the Sunset "More Low Fat Recipes" cookbook.
- 3 tablespoons mustard seeds
- 1 large head cauliflower, stem and leaves trimmed
- 1 1⁄2 cups plain nonfat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons dried mint
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 bunch red leaf lettuce, rinsed and crisped
- Toast mustard seeds in a small frying pan over medium heat until seeds turn gray (about 5 minutes), shaking pan often. Set aside.
- Cut cauliflower into bite-size flowerets, then place on a rack over 1 inch of boiling water in a 5 to 6 quart pan; cover and steam until tender when pierced (about 8 minutes). Immerse cauliflower in ice water until cool, then drain well on paper towels.
- In a large bowl, mix yogurt, mint, sugar, cumin and 2 tbsp of the mustard seeds.Add cauliflower and mix gently to coat well.
- To serve, arrange lettuce leaves on a platter. Spoon cauliflower mixture onto lettuce; sprinkle with remaining 1 tsp mustard seeds.