Prep 15 mins
Cook 28 mins
If you have problems getting your veggies into a day: This recipe will do miracles! haha!
- 1 tablespoon cumin seed
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons capers (drained)
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1 large cauliflower (cut into flowerettes)
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley (chopped)
- salt & pepper, to taste
- In a small sauté pan over medium-low heat, add the cumin seeds. Stir frequently, until fragrant and slightly darkened, about 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and let cool.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the vinegar, cooled cumin, garlic, paprika and capers. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- In the sink, prepare a large bowl of ice water.
- In a 4-quart pot with salted boiling water, cook the cauliflower until tender, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain and immediately plunge into the ice water. When completely cool, drain again. Place in a large bowl, toss with the vinaigrette and sprinkle with parsley.
- Serve at room temperature. Can be made 4 hours in advance.
Yum! I used smoked paprika.
This is really quite tasty. Will definitely be on the list of cool side dishes to do for hot summer day bbq's. Would be excellent with chops seasoned with cumin and garlic. I think next time I might add a wee bit of lime juice into the vinaigrette.
Thanks for the change, I enjoyed this dish.