Prep 5 mins
Cook 18 mins
This is a quick and easy way to prepare cauliflower. Even if you do not care for cauliflower, you might like it fixed this way.
- 1 cauliflower head
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 teaspoon minced dried onion
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Remove leaves and wash fresh cauliflower. Place cauliflower head on a microwave safe plate and cover with microwave plastic wrap.
- Microwave on High for 13-18 minutes or until tender. Remove plastic wrap (be careful, the steam will be hot!).
- Combine mayonnaise, onion, and mustard in a small bowl. Spread over top and sides of cooked cauliflower. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Microwave on High, uncovered, for 1 minute to heat topping and melt cheese.
- Cut cauliflower head into wedges.
Sooooooo yummy and easy to make, too! I used fresh minced onions and my mustard was Dijon. I steamed my cauliflower on the stove top then smothered it in the yummy sauce and baked it for about 15 minutes in the oven. It was perfect and fun to serve, too. Thanx for sharing!
I can't get enough cauliflower (no joke) and this recipe is such a fun fresh way to eat even more cauliflower! The acid of the mustard and the rich cheese/mayo combination made this a dish I could eat every night of the week. A++
Perfection! I could not get enough of this stuff! I actually used Veganaise with great results. For the mustard I used a nice wholegrain Tanhauser Ale Mustard from a local brewery (and used more than the recipe called for - and I'm glad I did). I topped ours with just a little shredded cheddar, but next time I am just going to skip the cheese and try it out under the broiler.