Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
The red of the pimentos makes this a very pretty presentation. Delicious too!
- 1 head cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 3⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄3 cup pimiento, diced
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Wash cauliflower; remove leaves and cut out base and cut into large floweretts. Cook, covered in a small amount of boiling water, about 10 minutes or until tender; drain.
- Place cauliflower on a serving plate and keep warm.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over low heat; add flour, stirring until smooth. Gradually add milk; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until thickened.
- Add pimento, onion, cheeses and salt, stir until the cheeses melt. Pour cheese mixture over the cauliflower and serve.
eh...it coulda been better
Very good! I did not use parmesan cheese, just colby and cheddar. I also used 2% milk. Thanks!
I always like to find different ways to make cauliflower, so I was glad to see this recipe. The pimientos really do look pretty and jazz up the taste, too. I think I used closer to 1 cup of cheddar. I also replaced the dried onion flakes with about 1 tbsp fresh minced onion. This would present very nicely in a red serving bowl on a Christmas dinner table. Thanx for posting this; it's a keeper!