Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Recipe is from Rachael Ray.
Make and share this Cauliflower With Penne and Saffron recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb penne rigate
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup golden raisin
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- 1 generous pinch saffron (20-24 threads)
- 1 head cauliflower, cored
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese (a couple of handfuls)
- toasted sliced almonds, thinly sliced basil leaves, and chopped flat leaf parsley, for garnish
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, salt it, add the pasta and cook to al dente. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup of the starchy cooking water.
- While the pasta is working, in a large, deep skillet or a Dutch oven fitted with a lid, heat the olive oil, two turns of the pan, over medium-high heat. Stir in the onion and garlic for 2-3 minutes. Add the raisins and lemon zest and cook for a few minutes more. Stir in the stock and saffron and bring to a simmer.
- In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the cauliflower until tender, 12-15 minutes. Drain and coarsely mash with a wooden spoon or potato masher. Stir in the butter to melt, then add the pasta and reserved pasta water; toss to combine. Add in the cheese as you toss.
- Serve the penne in shallow bowls. Top with the almonds, basil and parsley.