Recipe is from Rachael Ray.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb penne rigate
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/4 cup golden raisin
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1 generous pinch saffron (20-24 threads)
- 1 head cauliflower, cored
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese (a couple of handfuls)
- toasted sliced almonds, thinly sliced basil leaves, and chopped flat leaf parsley, for garnish
- 1Bring a large pot of water to a boil, salt it, add the pasta and cook to al dente. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup of the starchy cooking water.
- 2While the pasta is working, in a large, deep skillet or a Dutch oven fitted with a lid, heat the olive oil, two turns of the pan, over medium-high heat. Stir in the onion and garlic for 2-3 minutes. Add the raisins and lemon zest and cook for a few minutes more. Stir in the stock and saffron and bring to a simmer.
- 3In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the cauliflower until tender, 12-15 minutes. Drain and coarsely mash with a wooden spoon or potato masher. Stir in the butter to melt, then add the pasta and reserved pasta water; toss to combine. Add in the cheese as you toss.
- 4Serve the penne in shallow bowls. Top with the almonds, basil and parsley.
Browse Our Top Cauliflower Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cauliflower With Penne and Saffron
Serving Size: 1 (428 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 691.2
- Calories from Fat 167
- Total Fat 18.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 25.1 mg
- Sodium 403.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 108.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.8 g
- Sugars 14.2 g
- Protein 24.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: