Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This easy, zesty sauce can compliment a variety of steamed vegetables such as Brussels sprouts, carrots and spaghetti squash. Taken from the "Quick, Healthy and Delicious Cooking" cookbook by BH&G.
- 4 cups cauliflower florets (cut small)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple juice
- 1 tablespoon parsley, snipped
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons paprika
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- In a large saucepan with a steamer rack, steam cauliflower over boiling water, covered, about 8 minutes or till crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, for sauce, in a small saucepan cook garlic in hot oil till lightly browned.
- Remove from heat; stir in apple juice, parsley, vinegar, paprika and salt.
- Heat through.
- Pour the sauce over the hot cauliflower; toss to coat.
Very quick to make to accompany our Recipe #305341 over egg noodles. I agree, this sauce would work for a number of vegetables. And that's fresh parsley from the herb garden, too! Reviewed for 8th Annual Photo Swap 2010.