Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 1⁄4 cup kalamata olive, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained and finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 3 1⁄4 lbs cauliflower florets
- 3 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- Combine first 3 ingredients and 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons oil in a bowl.
- Heat remaining oil in a heavy nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Cook cauliflower 10 minutes, covered, stirring occasionally.
- Uncover skillet and sauté cauliflower another 5-10 minutes, until tender and browned.
- Transfer cauliflower to a bowl and toss with olive mixture and parsley.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
What an incredible side dish! I roasted the cauliflower in the oil at 400 for 20 minutes and doubled the olives and parsley. Super delicious!
So delicious! I used the same amount of capers, olives and parsley in this recipe for one head of cauliflower. Cauliflower isn't one of my favorite veggies though so I think the amounts would work if you love cauliflower. The technique of stirring in the pan for 15-20 minutes gives it such a beautiful brown char, like it was grilled. Will make this again!
I roasted the cauliflower instead and used a variety of imported olives from France, Greece, Italy, etc. This side dish went very well with lamb chops. Will make again! Next time I will try the same combo with romanesco. Made for Best of 2012.