Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a good for you, easy to make recipe. The recipe comes from Diabetic Gourmet.
- 5 cups fresh cauliflower florets (about 1 medium head)
- 1 medium onion, sliced 1/2 inch thick and separated into rings
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon exrta virgin olive oil
- nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees; Coat a 11 X 13 inch roasting pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place califlower, onion rings, and mushrooms in the pan, sprinkle the vegetables with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil, toss to mix well.
- Cover the pan with aluninum foil (Release foil works BEST), Bake for 10 minutes; remove foil and bake another 15 to 20 minutes stirring every 5 minutes, or until vegetables are tender and lightly browned, serve hot.
This was wonderful! I have to admit I did tweak it to meet our tastes; added some hot pepper flakes and some garlic. It was so easy to make, and I'll definitely do this one again.
Thanks for the simple, quick and healthy veggie recipe.
Cauliflower is a hard sell at my house. But I keep trying. This one really went over well. I have to admit, I was surprised at how good this was. Roasting is the way to go--great flavor and texture with very simple seasonings. Thanks, Barb, for another great recipe.