Recipe by Hey Jude
This delicious side dish has just a hint of heat from the red pepper flakes. If you like the flavors of lime, vinegar, red pepper, garlic and cilantro, you better make a double batch of this because it's addictive and goes fast. I found this in a friend's heart healthy cookbook, I think the author was Dr. Dean Ornish, and adapted it to our own tastes.
Top Review by Queendawnita
DELICIOUS!!! The lime brings out the nuanced flavor of each ingredient. The dish almost takes on a Mediterranean flavor due to the cumin. So easy to make and super inexpensive. This is sure to be a crowd pleaser and I will definitely be sharing this recipe. Thanks Hey Jude!
- 1 head cauliflower, separated into florets
- boiling water
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons finely minced cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- Blanch the cauliflower in the boiling water and then plunge into ice cold water to stop the cooking process, then drain well.
- Heat the lime juice, vinegar and red pepper flakes over low heat for just a few minutes, to soften the pepper flakes; don't boil it.
- Pour lime juice mixture over the cauliflower then add the garlic, cumin and cilantro and toss well.
- Let marinate in fridge or at room temp for 1 hour before serving.