Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 mins
This delicious side dish has just a hint of heat from the red pepper flakes. If you like the flavors of lime, vinegar, red pepper, garlic and cilantro, you better make a double batch of this because it's addictive and goes fast. I found this in a friend's heart healthy cookbook, I think the author was Dr. Dean Ornish, and adapted it to our own tastes.
- 1 head cauliflower, separated into florets
- boiling water
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons finely minced cilantro
- Blanch the cauliflower in the boiling water and then plunge into ice cold water to stop the cooking process, then drain well.
- Heat the lime juice, vinegar and red pepper flakes over low heat for just a few minutes, to soften the pepper flakes; don't boil it.
- Pour lime juice mixture over the cauliflower then add the garlic, cumin and cilantro and toss well.
- Let marinate in fridge or at room temp for 1 hour before serving.
DELICIOUS!!! The lime brings out the nuanced flavor of each ingredient. The dish almost takes on a Mediterranean flavor due to the cumin. So easy to make and super inexpensive. This is sure to be a crowd pleaser and I will definitely be sharing this recipe. Thanks Hey Jude!
I made this ages ago and forgot to review it. I am really sorry. Amazing recipe and all the flavours go so well together. A definite keeper that I will make often. Thanks for posting and again apologies for late review.
Can't believe that this recipe is not reviewed yet. I made it last night and the flavor is great. I made this as our salad but before it could marinate I had consumed half of it. I made this only with half a small cauliflower. The salt is not mentioned here but I added salt along with cumin.