Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I haven't tried this, but it looks like it has real potential! :)
Make and share this Cauliflower With Lemon Mayonnaise-Cheddar Crust recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Steam the whole head of cauliflower for 15 minutes, until barely done; cool slightly.
- Place whole head of cauliflower in baking dish.
- Combine mayonnaise, lemon juice, lemon zest, mustard, pepper, and tarragon.
- Spread mayonnaise mixture over cauliflower.
- Pat cheese onto mayonnaise-coated head of cauliflower and bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- Cool for a few minutes to let the cheese set, then slice into 6 wedges and serve.
Oh my!!! This was so good! I also used the micro for the first step. I didn't have any tarragon so I substituted parsley. I also used light mayo. It was the best cauliflower ever. My hubby and I ate the whole thing with dinner.
Did this with a small head of cauliflower, it was excellent!! Instead of steaming, I cooked the cauliflower in the microwave, till tendercrisp, then followed your instructions for the oven. I cut the crust ingredients in half, it was just the right amount for a half size cauliflower. Served it in the casserole it was cooked in, it looked so nice whole; everyone just spooned themselves a portion. Thanks for sharing!!
Ginny, you are absolutely correct, this has amazing potential! I'm on a diet that doesn't let you mix your proteins with carbs, and this is perfect! I steamed the cauliflower in the microwave, then added the sauce and finished it up in the oven. I used a combination of Edam and Parmesan cheese, and let it get really brown and crispy. I also didn't have any tarragon, so I used parsley. I can't wait to make this again, and again, and again...