Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a great recipe using two of my favorite flavors: cauliflower and sun-dried tomatoes. This is colorful and makes a great side dish to any kind of meat entree.
- 1⁄2 head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 small leeks, trimmed,washed well,cut into 1/2 inch slices of white part and a bit of the green
- 3 -4 sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, patted dry and minced
- fresh ground black pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to boil; cook cauliflower until tender, 7-8 minutes; drain and set aside.
- Melt butter in the same pot over medium-high heat; add leeks and tomatoes, cook, stirring often, until leeks begin to soften, 2 minutes; add cauliflower and salt and pepper to taste; gently toss and serve.
We really liked this. I did make a few changes due to things I had on hand. I used red onion instead of the leeks and I added dashes of onion, garlic and chili powder. I also threw in my left over feta. Next time I think I will add broccoli, mushrooms, fresh garlic and more sun dried tomatoes. Thanks Jude for a great way to get veggies in.
Fabulous! So flavourful and simple. I too like Rita, ate the whole thing! I also steamed the cauliflower. While cooking all the ingredients I added a bit of cooking wine and 'sundried tomato' flavoured oil. Next time I think I will add more sundried tomatoes (never can get enough!). Thank you so much. I always wanted to find something tasty to do with a cauliflower without the usual fatty cheese topping. This is a recipe worthy of sharing with all my friends and loved ones! Cindy
Excellent! I love the flavor combination and it looks so pretty.