Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
A old Swedish dish that I love. It's easy to make, cheap and low in fat without the cheese. Typical summer food.
- 1 cauliflower (500-750 g)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon salt, for
- 1⁄2 liter water
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 500 ml milk (3%)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 200 g smoked ham, diced
- Rinse the cauliflower.
- Add water in a pot (should cover 2/3 of cauliflower).
- Add salt.
- Add cauliflower and cook for about 10-15 minutes.
- Gravy: Whisk some of the flour in the milk in a pot.
- Add the rest of flour and butter.
- Cook for about 3-5 minutes.
- Add ham and parsley.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Put cauliflower on a dish, pour the gravy over.
- Eat and enjoy.
- Sometimes I add cheese after I've added gravy and put it in oven for 5 minutes of broiling.