Recipe by Sandi (From CA)
I got this recipe from a local Italian Market and finally made it last night. YUM-CITY! (County? I can never remember) The flavor combination is right on the money. And, come on, who doesn't love money?
- 1 head cauliflower
- 4 ounces gorgonzola (crumbled or cut into pieces)
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 medium onion, sliced thin
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- chopped fresh parsley (to garnish)
- salt & pepper
- 1⁄4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375º.
- Clean cauliflower and separate into florets.
- Bring large pot of water to a boil and cook florets for about 10 minutes or until just cooked but not soft. Rinse florets in colander under cold water to stop the cooking process. Pour evenly into shallow into baking dish and set aside.
- Over high heat in medium sauté pan add butter and onions. Cook for about 3-5 minutes to soften and color onions.
- Add milk and flour and whisk to blend. Cook until bubbling nicely, then add gorgonzola and blend in until smooth.
- Pour evenly over cauliflower in baking dish. Sprinkle with chopped walnuts, bread crumbs, salt and pepper.
- Place in oven for 15-20 minutes, or until bubbly and golden brown. Garnish with chopped parsley and serve.