Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A tasty way to cook cauliflower. This was adapted from Cook's Illustrated The Best Vegetable Recipes
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium head cauliflower
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic cloves
- 1 pinch hot pepper flakes
- 14 1⁄2 ounces diced tomatoes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- salt & pepper
- Cut the cauliflower into florets and cut the florets in half or quaters to creat 1-inch pieces.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the cauliflower and cook, stirring occasionally, until the cauliflower begins to brown.
- Add the other half tablespoon of olive oil, tomatoes, garlic, pepper flakes, and basil.
- Cover and simmer until the cauliflower is tender but still has some resistance when sampled, about 6-8 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
This was a great way to eat cauliflower. The tomatoes and seasonings combination would make even cauli-haters change their mind. I also liked that the cauliflower stayed slightly crunchy and didn't get mushy.
I'm always on the lookout for ways to jazz up plain vegies. I never would have thought of combining cauli with tomato but we love anything with garlic and/or chilli. The result was phenomenal! Thanks, Sandy