1/1 Photo of Cauliflower With Garlic and Paprika
Colifor con Ajos y Pimenton is a recipe from the province of Murcia. This area is know for fine vegetables. The recipe is adapted from the Williams Sonoma Savoring Spain & Portugal cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 ounces bread (about 3 slices of coarse country bread without crusts)
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 2 cups water
- 3 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 3 tablespoons Italian parsley, chopped
- ground pepper
- 1Fill a bowl with water and add the cauliflower florets and lemon juice. Set aside.
- 2Using a large frying pan over medium heat, warm the olive oil. Add the bread slices and fry, turning once, until golden brown on both sides. Remove from the pan, break into pieces, and place in a blender or food processor.
- 3Add the paprika to the oil remaining in the pan. Over low heat, cook the paprika for 2 minutes to release the fragrance. Add the 2 cups of water and bring to a boil. Drain the cauliflower and add it to the pan. Season with salt and cook, uncovered, until the cauliflower is tender, 10 - 15 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile, add the garlic, pine nuts, and parsley to the blender or food processor and pulse until well crushed. When the cauliflower is tender, add about 1/4 cup of the cauliflower cooking water, pulse once, and then transfer the mixture to the frying pan. Stir to mix and cook for 5 minutes over low heat to blend the flavors.
- 5Season to taste and transfer to a serving bowl. Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Cauliflower Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cauliflower Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cauliflower With Garlic and Paprika
Serving Size: 1 (265 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 206.8
- Calories from Fat 134
- Total Fat 14.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 122.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 4.6 g