Recipe by Oolala
My son did a report on Algeria for school and we were looking up regional recipes on-line. I enjoyed his assignment tremendously!
- 8 ounces tomatoes, chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon harissa
- 1 cauliflower, medium sized, trimmed, cut into florets
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil the cauliflower in salted water until it is cooked but still crisp. This should take about 7-8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the garlic in oil in a separate pan for a minute or so until it starts to turn golden.
- Add the tomatoes, salt, pepper, paprika and harissa and mix together.
- Turn the heat down and simmer the sauce for 10 minutes.
- Drain the cauliflower and add it to the sauce (reserving some of the water just in case it is needed to thin the sauce), turning it over and allowing it to heat through for 5 minutes or so.
- If the sauce becomes too thick, add a little of the water in which the cauliflower was cooked.
- Serve with boiled rice, sprinkled with a little parsley.