Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Found this recipe in Meals In A Wok recipe book in 1985. DH loves this.
- 1 whole cauliflower
- 1 cup chopped white raw chicken meat
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1 1⁄4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Cut the cauliflower into flowerets.
- Blanch in boiling water for 2 minutes.
- Remove,drain and set aside.
- Mix chicken with egg whites, cornstarch, salt and chicken stock.
- Pour the oil into a hot wok and stir-fry the cauliflower for 3 minutes.
- Remove from wok and keep warm.
- Pour the chicken mixture into the wok and cook, stirring constantly, for 3 minutes.
- When thick, return the cauliflower to the wok and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
It came out a little bland to my taste, so I added a bit of paprika and pepper -- but would love to get ideas for other spice combinations. Chicken is very moist and the texture is excellent.