Recipe by Oolala
Mexican style with onion, sharp cheddar, bell peppers, canned chopped green chili peppers and a dash of hot sauce
- 1 (1 1/2 lb) cauliflower, leaves removed, stem trimmed
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup red bell peppers or 1⁄4 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup skim milk
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, 2 oz., shredded
- 2 tablespoons canned diced green chiles
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook cauliflower in a small amount of boiling salted water in a large saucepan for 15-20 minutes or until tender; drain and set aside on a serving plate.
- Cook onion and bell pepper in 1/4 cup water for 5 minutes or until tender in a covered saucepan.
- Stir together milk and flour until smooth; now stir into vegetable mixture.
- Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly, then continue to cook for 1 minute more.
- Stir in cheese until melted and then stir in green chili peppers and Tabasco sauce and heat through.
- Pour some of the cheese sauce on the cauliflower and pass the remaining sauce.