Recipe by JoyfulCook
A delicious quick meal with a delicious cheddar cheese sauce poured over the top of the cauliflower - make plenty as everyone wants more.
- 1 cauliflower, Large
- 7 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder, English
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 1 egg
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the cauliflower into florets about the same size and simmer until just cooked.
- Grate the cheese, beat the egg, put the milk and mustard into a small saucepan.
- mix the cornflour together with a small amount of extra milk and add to the saucepan along with the grated cheese.
- heat slowly, stirring constantly and when it comes to the boil add the beaten egg and stir briskly.
- Pour the cheddar cheese sauce over the cauliflower and serve immediately.
- A sprinkle of chilli seems to bring out a bit more flavour.