Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A delicious quick meal with a delicious cheddar cheese sauce poured over the top of the cauliflower - make plenty as everyone wants more.
- Cut the cauliflower into florets about the same size and simmer until just cooked.
- Grate the cheese, beat the egg, put the milk and mustard into a small saucepan.
- mix the cornflour together with a small amount of extra milk and add to the saucepan along with the grated cheese.
- heat slowly, stirring constantly and when it comes to the boil add the beaten egg and stir briskly.
- Pour the cheddar cheese sauce over the cauliflower and serve immediately.
- A sprinkle of chilli seems to bring out a bit more flavour.
I scaled down the recipe for one and enjoyed the nice smooth sauce over the cauliflower. I steamed the cauliflower. Thanks! Made for Australian Swap-March 2013.