1/2 Photos of Cauliflower With Caramelized Red Onions
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put butter in a heavy bottomed skillet over medium heat.
- 2Add onions and cook, stirring periodically, until the onions are a deep golden color, about 20 minutes (The longer the onion cooks the more frequently it needs to be stirred).
- 3Add balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper.
- 4Cook until most of the moisture evaporates and onions are deep brown, about 5 minutes.
- 5Meanwhile, steam (12 to 15 minutes) or microwave (8 to 10 minutes) the cauliflower until tender but still firm.
- 6Put cauliflower on a platter and top with caramelized onions.
- 7Sprinkle with pine nuts.
Browse Our Top Cauliflower Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cauliflower Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cauliflower With Caramelized Red Onions
Serving Size: 1 (157 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 132.2
- Calories from Fat 69
- Total Fat 7.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 11.4 mg
- Sodium 91.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 4.5 g