Make and share this Cauliflower With Caramelized Red Onions recipe from Food.com.
- Put butter in a heavy bottomed skillet over medium heat.
- Add onions and cook, stirring periodically, until the onions are a deep golden color, about 20 minutes (The longer the onion cooks the more frequently it needs to be stirred).
- Add balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Cook until most of the moisture evaporates and onions are deep brown, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, steam (12 to 15 minutes) or microwave (8 to 10 minutes) the cauliflower until tender but still firm.
- Put cauliflower on a platter and top with caramelized onions.
- Sprinkle with pine nuts.