Recipe by Snowbunny Andorra
I was looking for an alternative to cauliflower cheese, which I seem to roll out every time I use cauliflower. This recipe was much lighter, not to mention quicker to make, and using only the stove top, it doesn't take up that valuable space in the oven that you need when making a full roast dinner.
- 1 large cauliflower, cut into large florets
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 cup brown breadcrumbs
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a large pan of salted water to a boil.
- Add the cauliflower florets; boil for 4 to 5 minutes until just starting to go tender.
- Drain cauliflower and leave in the colander for a few minutes to steam dry.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon of the butter in a saute pan.
- Add the onion. Cook until it starts to soften.
- Add the remainder of the butter and the breadcrumbs and cook, stirring constantly, until crispy.
- Add the cauliflower and cook, stirring constantly, until it starts to turn a light golden colour.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and serve immediately.