Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
From the NY Times. Adapted from James Beard's American Cookery.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cauliflower, trimmed into olive-size florets
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- sea salt, course
- 1⁄3 cup almonds, slivered
- Put some water in a large steamer and bring to a boil.
- Add cauliflower, and steam until tender but still slightly crisp, about 5-7 minutes.
- Remove from steamer; pour into large serving bowl.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter with a large pinch of salt over medium-low heat.
- When foam has subsided and butter has simmered for a minute or two, add almonds and continue cooking until butter begins to smell nutty and toasty and almonds are golden brown.
- Pour nuts and butter over cauliflower and toss to coat.
- Season with salt and toss again.