Recipe by Julesong
A simple, rich, delicious soup!
Top Review by *Parsley*
So delicious! This has such a delicate flavor. This would be wonderful for a first course for a holiday dinner party, since it has an elegant taste. The best part is that it's simple enough for everyday! I used white onion instead of red, otherwise, I followed the recipe exactly....I even sprinkled fresh asagio on top as you suggested. My oldest son commented that it looked like melted vanilla ice cream becuse of the vanilla bean flecks in it! Wonderful recipe! Thanx for sharing. We will have this often.
- 1 small cauliflower
- 946.36 ml low sodium vegetable broth or 946.36 ml chicken broth
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 vanilla pod, split
- 118.29 ml heavy cream
- salt and black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Break the cauliflower into small florets.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, add the stock and bring it to a simmer.
- Add the cauliflower, sliced onion, and garlic.
- Split the vanilla pod and scrape out the seeds, adding them to the contents of the saucepan.
- (You can discard the empty pod, if you like, but you can also cut it into pieces and put it into an airtight jar of sugar and let sit for three weeks to make vanilla sugar).
- Simmer the soup for 15 minutes or until cauliflower is tender.
- Remove from heat and stir in the heavy cream, then add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the mixture into a blender, in batches if necessary, and whir until smooth or to desired texture.
- Serve immediately with good crusty bread.
- Also good garnished with a shaving of Parmesan or Asiago.