1/1 Photo of Cauliflower Vanilla Soup
A simple, rich, delicious soup!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Break the cauliflower into small florets.
- 2In a large saucepan over medium heat, add the stock and bring it to a simmer.
- 3Add the cauliflower, sliced onion, and garlic.
- 4Split the vanilla pod and scrape out the seeds, adding them to the contents of the saucepan.
- 5(You can discard the empty pod, if you like, but you can also cut it into pieces and put it into an airtight jar of sugar and let sit for three weeks to make vanilla sugar).
- 6Simmer the soup for 15 minutes or until cauliflower is tender.
- 7Remove from heat and stir in the heavy cream, then add salt and pepper to taste.
- 8Pour the mixture into a blender, in batches if necessary, and whir until smooth or to desired texture.
- 9Serve immediately with good crusty bread.
- 10Also good garnished with a shaving of Parmesan or Asiago.
Browse Our Top Cauliflower Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cauliflower Vanilla Soup
Serving Size: 1 (84 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 131.8
- Calories from Fat 99
- Total Fat 11.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 40.7 mg
- Sodium 32.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 2.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low sodium vegetable broth