Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Pickle made in India...specially made during winter, to keep your body warm....
- 1⁄2 kg turnip (Shalgam)
- 1⁄2 kg carrot (Gajar)
- 1⁄2 kg cauliflower (Phool gobi)
- 1 cup oil (Tel)
- 2 teaspoons turmeric (Haldi)
- 2 teaspoons red chili peppers (Lal Mirchi)
- 6 teaspoons ground mustard (Rai or Sarson)
- salt (Namak)
- Clean and cut vegetables into big pieces and boil for 5 minutes.
- Put in a basket to drain well and then dry with a clean cloth.
- Mix ground mustard seeds, turmeric, Red chili pepper , salt and oil together into the boiled vegetables.
- Put in a clean jar and keep it in the sun for 4 days, shaking the pickle once or twice daily.
- Serve after 6 days.
- This pickle can be kept for 15 days.