A healthy substitute for potato tots! From: http://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/2012/01/cauliflower-tater-tots.html
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Clean and trim the cauliflower, adding the florets to a microwave safe bowl.
- 2Add the cream and butter to the bowl.
- 3Microwave for 5 minutes.
- 4Add the cauliflower and cheese to a magic bullet or food processor and blend until still chunky - kind of like a cooked oatmeal consistency. Season with salt and pepper.
- 5Chill for at least half an hour.
- 6Whip the egg whites to a stiff peak. Fold 1/3 of the egg whites into the cauliflower mixture to lighten it up. Then fold the cauliflower mixture into the rest of the egg whites and gently mix until combined.
- 7For best results, chill for another half hour or they won't hold their shape as well.
- 8Fit a pastry bag with a round or star tube with about a 3/4 inch opening. Spray the inside of the bag with nonstick spray.
- 9Gently squeeze out 1 inch sections onto a greased cookie sheet, cutting with a butter knife as you go.
- 10When finished, bake in a 375 degree oven for 10-12 minutes (or longer if you're skipping the frying) until puffed and slightly browned. Remove from the oven and serve - or heat 1/4 inch of oil in a saute pan and when it's very hot add the tots. It doesn't need long, a minute per side to turn them golden brown and crispy. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Cauliflower Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cauliflower Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cauliflower Tots
Serving Size: 1 (816 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 13.4
- Calories from Fat 8
- Total Fat 0.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 2.8 mg
- Sodium 16.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 0.7 g