Chef #570804 Halifax Liz's Note:
I found this recipe in an old Xmas cookbook some years back and have been making throughout the year. It is almost a meal by itself and most people enjoy the blend of flavors. Also, it can be made ahead which is always a boost.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 medium cauliflower
- 6 slices bacon, cut in 1/2 inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons bacon drippings
- 1 1/2 cups soft breadcrumbs
- 3 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions (or red)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed (or to taste)
- 3/4 cup cheddar cheese, we prefer old (grated)
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Separate cauliflower into florets and cook until just tender; drain.
- 3Meanwhile cook bacon until crisp.
- 4Toss crumbs with bacon and measured drippings.
- 5Arrange tomatoes in a greased shallow baking dish (about 6 cup size).
- 6Sprinkle with onions, salt, pepper and dillweed.
- 7Add cauliflower and top with crumb mixture.
- 9Bake 20 minutes
- 10Uncover and sprinkle with cheese and bake approximately 10 minutes (or until cheese melts).
Browse Our Top Cauliflower Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cauliflower Tomato Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (201 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 284.3
- Calories from Fat 197
- Total Fat 21.9 g
- Saturated Fat 9.0 g
- Cholesterol 36.3 mg
- Sodium 491.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 9.4 g