I first came across this on another site, where there were 13 or more pages of raving about how the cauliflower tastes just like french fries. What can I say, I had to introduce it to Zaar! I tried it for the first time shortly after posting and while it is very good, I'm not sure it tasted exactly like french fries. I think the key may be in how much salt you add and how brown you let the cauliflower get. I will be testing this more in future!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F
- 2Trim and wash the cauliflower and then cut it into slices about 1/4 inch thick.
- 3There will be lots of small pieces and several large lacy slices.
- 4In a large bowl, mix the cauliflower with the oil, salt and pepper.
- 5Spread the cauliflower evenly onto baking trays and put in the oven.
- 6Stir after about 10 minutes to get the pieces on the edge of the pan into the middle and vice versa.
- 7Stir again every 5-10 minutes until it is done, after about 20 minutes.
- 8How much you brown the cauliflower is up to you.
Browse Our Top Cauliflower Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cauliflower Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cauliflower That Tastes Like French Fries
Serving Size: 1 (321 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 310.5
- Calories from Fat 245
- Total Fat 27.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 86.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.1 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 5.6 g