Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I first came across this on another site, where there were 13 or more pages of raving about how the cauliflower tastes just like french fries. What can I say, I had to introduce it to Zaar! I tried it for the first time shortly after posting and while it is very good, I'm not sure it tasted exactly like french fries. I think the key may be in how much salt you add and how brown you let the cauliflower get. I will be testing this more in future!
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Trim and wash the cauliflower and then cut it into slices about 1/4 inch thick.
- There will be lots of small pieces and several large lacy slices.
- In a large bowl, mix the cauliflower with the oil, salt and pepper.
- Spread the cauliflower evenly onto baking trays and put in the oven.
- Stir after about 10 minutes to get the pieces on the edge of the pan into the middle and vice versa.
- Stir again every 5-10 minutes until it is done, after about 20 minutes.
- How much you brown the cauliflower is up to you.
Emm, these didn't taste like french fries to me. At all. I cooked for 30 minutes @ 400, but these never got brown in the slightest- I don't know; maybe it's my oven. To me, these even tasted almost like raw cauliflower.