Cauliflower gets its deserved moment in the spotlight in this Japanese-style snack For a difference instead of boiling or steaming cauliflower florets, toss them in some olive oil, sprinkle with paprika and roast in a hot oven for 30 mins until cooked and crispy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook the cauliflower in boiling water for 2 minutes
- 2Tip into a colander, rinse under the cold tap, drain well and set aside.
- 3Put the flour in a large bowl with a pinch of salt.
- 4Whisk the egg yolks and 175ml iced water together.
- 5whisk into the flour with the oil to make a smooth batter.
- 6In a separate, clean bowl whisk the egg whites until stiff, then fold into the batter.
- 7Heat the oil in a deep fryer or large wok to 190°C
- 8Coat some of the cauliflower in the batter
- 9use a slotted spoon to carefully lift into the hot oil.
- 10Deep-fry the cauliflower for 2-3 mins until golden and puffy.
- 11Drain on kitchen towel and continue with the rest in batches.
- 12Sprinkle the cauliflower with salt.
- 13serve with a bowl of aïoli or mayonnaise.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cauliflower Tempura
Serving Size: 1 (158 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 793.8
- Calories from Fat 711
- Total Fat 79.1 g
- Saturated Fat 10.5 g
- Cholesterol 70.5 mg
- Sodium 37.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 5.1 g